Thursday, September 27

We're more relaxed here...

{ this picture is no indication whatsover of what our path will look like but I have always loved this }

We're re-doing our path that leads from the front gate to the verandah... the main entrance into our house. Now usually I have a set idea of "the look" I'm trying to achieve (generally found via pinterest) and it's just a matter of executing... but not this time. I have really struggled. Do we want it paved or pebbled? Should we do pavers AND pebbles?..... and what is the best colour. It needs to look good but not stand out... it's not really a feature path more  one that should blend..... you can see my dilemma!! For the last few days I have visited every paver place and sand & gravel pit in the Southern Highlands to get lots of samples to help me make my mind up. Now, this is not a big $$ job (from their perspective), but the thing that has struck me is how helpful everyone has been. We're talking guys who work in gravel pits who probably don't care whether my path blends into the landscape. However, they have all been so pleasant and helpful. And today when I rang to {finally} order the pavers the guy on the other end of the phone couldn't have been nicer. I got their bank details so I could pay my deposit and politely asked if he needed me to email a receipt through so they knew for sure that I'd made the deposit prior to them placing the order. Do you know what he said?  "No love, that's fine, we're more relaxed down here"...... I apologised, explaining I was new to country life and was used to having to jump through all kinds of hoops in the city before an order was placed. Wow, it feels good to be more relaxed...

No comments: